Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The biggest challenges to completing my business plan.

The biggest challenge to completing is making the time to sit down and carefully analyze my current situation.  Life is so fast paced that it seems that 8 hours of sleep is a myth.  I work full-time, go to school full time and I work part time for my sister.  If I don’t count sleep, which averages about 4-5 hours a nite I may have about 18 hours of free time a week.  Ok, 18 hours sounds like a lot, but per day that is approximately 2.5 hours a day.  Hmmm? 2.5 hours a day to research, write and come up with all the right answers.  Its sounds like enough, but it is not.  This is not a pity party of what I can’t do, but this is more of a statement of WHAT I already do.  I maintain a GPA above 3.5, work hard to be responsible adult and pay my debts and I take care of those I love. 
This business plan is wonderful tool, a stepping stone to success.  I know that I will eventually refer to it when the time comes to go “live.”  Not that I’m not already live but it feels that everything I’ve done to this point is a “beta” version.  I’m working out the kinks, refining the product and making sure that what I put out there represents my company accurately.  Photography is a passion of mine that has been burning for a while and I do not intend to make excuses up for why I can’t.  I need to push forward and refine everything I do so that efficiency is  tool that gets me to the top. 
This business plan does have a lot of parts to it but it requires the same dedication that I put forward into my photography.

1 comment:

  1. I feel our pain. I am also in school for photography and currently taking a business course as well. I thought it would be easy since I know what I want to do but it turned out to be quit difficult.
    It is nice that you work for special needs organizations. I do as well. I take photographs of children with special disabilities from Down syndrome to autism.
    It is nice to meat someone similar to myself.
    Good luck with planning your business.

    ReplyDelete