Monday, March 5, 2012

40 under 40

A milestone in many peoples life is reaching the age of 40.  "Over the hill" is how some pessimists might view it but I think that 40 will be where I'm just out of the "blocks" and about to hit my full stride.  I'm 36 and in college and by the time I graduate I'll have three years to go before I can proclaim my 40 year milestone.  I already know where I want to be and what I want to do and its because of planning.  I know that I will be back in Southern California working for myself doing event photography full-time and working on the side for Southwest Airlines so I can keep my benefits and fly across the country for free.  Southern Cali has so many more opportunities and possibilities that I know success will come from my hard work and persistance.  The only reason I would fail would be because laziness.  My kids will be older and on the brink of adulthood and I will be the one they come to for advice, money and support.  I need to remain confident and motivated and just the thought of family alone is motivating enough.  I don't intend on having a studio but I hope to have formed some new partnerships that allow me to work in exclusive areas that most of my competition would not have access to.  Networking, pounding the pavement and just being active in the community will pay off.  My schedule will be filled with new activities.  Instead of school and projects I will have meetings, and photo shoots.  Free time will come and go but the only way to reach happiness for me is to complete my goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment